Back pay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back pay

Options
loulou28
loulou28 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi all had award over phone been awarded standard for both previously only standard for care do they back date to the day you phoned up to make a change and roughly when do you get it as I'm due a payment in a weeks time thankyou for reading 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

If you reported a worsening of condition and you had that for at least 3 months then yes it's backdated to the date you rang. Usually backdated money is paid once the decision is made and goes into your bank within 3-5 working days. To know for sure when you'll receive it then you'll need to ring DWP to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • loulou28
    Options
    Hi yes was awarded for 3 years was due reassessment this year but phoned up October last year to report change finally got a decision wednesday over the phone so still waiting for award letter even though we believe he should have enhances for care 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you disagree with the decision then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR, which should be putting in writing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • loulou28
    Options
    Brilliant thankyou got the local councillor and mp on our side to so fingers crossed  thankyou for your advice 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. I'm not sure what help they will be here but good luck. What you really need to do is state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those.
  • loulou28
    Options
    Just a quick one it also says reccomended  review date 1 year 6 months is that the award 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's when the recommended review date is. You'll need to check the decision letter once it's received.
  • loulou28
    Options
    Ok thanks sorry for all questions 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No worries :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.