PIP Advice for a friend — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Advice for a friend

samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
My Friends PIP runs out on March 9th 2021. He hasn’t received his award review just yet. he wants to no is it worth calling up and chasing it or not? As I don’t have a clue so thought I would ask on here. thanks everyone for your replies. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

My daughters ends in February 2021 and she also hasn't received hers yet but i haven't rang them. If they want they can ring but it may take them a while to answer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @samfits99 I would tell your friend not to worry too much as I expect hey are working through the backlog they will have . Lots of people were due assessments who award was ending and had it extended by 6 months so they will be catching up with these 

I would imagine though I may be wrong they are working in date order for each area 
  • samfits99
    @Username_removed thanks for that. I no it’s asking how longs a peace of string but when do you think F2F appointments will go back to normal? 
  • samfits99
    @janer1967 I have passed your message on thank you. I said to him probably mid October it will come but that’s just a complete guess! 
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 I’ve said to my friend I reckon he will get it mid October as a educated guess. but only time will tell! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.