Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Warm Home Discount

MickyjimMickyjim Member Posts: 11 Listener
Just a quick heads up, Warm Home Discount applications are now open. Apply to your energy provider its worth £140 and is applied to your energy account usually Electricity https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

Tagged:

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing with us 
  • TeddyB22TeddyB22 Member Posts: 143 Courageous
    Unfortunately in Northern Ireland where there is a monopoly they don't do it. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,393 Disability Gamechanger
    I think that 20/21 is the final year for this scheme, but now is the time to apply to your supplier as they only have so much to give before the money runs out.
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,059 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:
    I think that 20/21 is the final year for this scheme, but now is the time to apply to your supplier as they only have so much to give before the money runs out.
    I didn't know it was being stopped after this year, that's a bit of a shame.  I was totally reliant on it last year as I couldn't cover the heating bills on ESA alone.  Thankfully I have PIP now but there must be many other people that need it.  Do you know if there will be a similar scheme to replace it next year?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,214 Disability Gamechanger
    There's been no annoucements that i know of for anything that's replacing it.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,139 Pioneering
    Thanks for sharing the link to this scheme, I'd not heard of it before.
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.