PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is kate4abbey123 and I think my PIP report is wrong.

kate4abbey123kate4abbey123 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
hi i had my report for my pip and theres a few things should been marked on how i wash and dress but isnt also i told them about walking etc not far with out pain but in the decision it said they think i can walk more than 50 meters which is wrong i have filled out a form explaining how long does this take to come back does any body know please  

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,195 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Do you mean you have put in a MR for your decision to be looked at again ? Or are you waiting for the decision to be made from your assessment 

Either way there are no fixed timescales it depends on the backlog they estimate 2-8 weeks but this is just a guide 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kate4abbey123 - Welcome to the community. I hope Poppy has answered your query if it's to do with a Mandatory Reconsideration. Hope you have a good day, & please do say if you have any other queries. :)
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Have you received the decision or just the assessment report? If it's just the assessment report then this is just a receommendation and not the final decision, although they do usually go with the report. You'll still need to wait for the decision. Once it's made if you're not happy and think you should have scored more points for a higher award then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,182

Scope community team

hello @kate4abbey123 and welcome to the community, glad you have joined us :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,390

Scope community team

Hi @kate4abbey123 and I'm sorry your report appears to be inaccurate.  

I hope the answers you have received helped but feel free to ask more if you are still unsure.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,987 Disability Gamechanger
    The report is not intended to simply repeat or agree with what you told the HCP. It’s an assessment. You give them your view of your functional impairments and they form their own view. It’s important to understand that it’s not wrong simply because it’s different to what you expected. 
Sign in or join us to comment.