Grants to help me. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Grants to help me.

Parrot123
Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
Hi. I am a cancer patient in remission. Chronic kidney disease. Depression. Anxiety and PTSD. I am a full time carer. Does anyone know of any grants that I can apply for in Scotland.

Many Thanks

Will

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,438 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have a local carers association? they sometimes have details of grants, depends really what kind of grants you are looking for?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,031 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

May i ask what the grant is for? this will help others to advise you with more information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Parrot123
    Hello Woodbine. I have no Idea. I've not been out since January. Lol my uncle smoked woodbine . Thanks very much appreciated ?. I will try and find out.
  • Parrot123
    Hi,

May i ask what the grant is for? this will help others to advise you with more information.
    Hi poppy ?. Thanks for replying. I need clothing shoes accessories up to my eyes in debt as we had to shop locally. I now have a recurring Asda slot. I hate asking for help. But I'm an unpaid carer disabled. We don't get carers allowance. Ty poppy x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,031 Disability Gamechanger
    May i ask what benefits you're claiming? Do you live with a partner or alone?

Regarding the grant, i don't know of any that are available for things like shoes/clothing. All i can think of is a loan from DWP but this will depend on what benefits you claim, if any and your other circumstances.

Regarding your debt, i'd advise you to speak to stepchange. See link. https://www.stepchange.org/how-we-help/debt-advice.aspx

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Parrot123
    @ poppy123456 Thanks very much ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,438 Disability Gamechanger
    @Parrot123 the only other suggestion I have if you need clothing etc are charity shops you can pick up some real bargains.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Parrot123 I don’t know if this link might be helpful, it seems comprehensive and for the UK. It may just be for organisations.

https://www.grantsonline.org.uk/

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Parrot123, how are you doing? 

Turn2Us has a grant search tool which should help you find any suitable grants.
    Scope

• Parrot123
    Thans very much all much appreciated Will xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.