PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

sent my mandatory reconsideration letter this morning

ketokidketokid Member Posts: 32 Listener
Good afternoon guys, finished my 5 page letter, sent it off ist class to be  signed for. Honestly its made me really ill . Panic attacks etc. 100% worse. what will happen now please ? will they ring me to say they have received my letter ?   

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,171 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome they dont usually ring to say they have your letter 

You wont really hear anything now until you get the decision letter 
  • ketokidketokid Member Posts: 32 Listener
    oh ok thanks very much.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They sometimes send a text but very rarely ring. Other than that all you can do is wait until the decision is made and that can take anything up to 10 weeks, sometimes longer.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,028

Scope community team

@ketokid Ah no, I'm sorry you have experienced anxiety over this  :(  We have everything crossed for you.  

Have your panic attacks settled down a little?  Are you managing them alone or with help from your doctor?  Please let us know if you need any support.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    Hi Cher thanks for your concern  everybody so kind on here. the panick attacks are  not as bad today but still got heart palps all the time, I just got some meds after a chat with my doctor serteline tabs. been on many tablets for this problem but cant cope with the bad side affects. However i am going to give them a try. Will just be glad when its all sorted out  🤞 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ketokid, just wanted to check in to see how you are feeling today. Sounds like things have been tough.
    Scope

Hi chloe, slightly better today thanks. on a higher dose of aymtriptiline now because of the stinging pains in my legs which never go away, only problem is that im so drowsy on them hope that gets better in time. Thanks so much 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    ketokid said:
    Hi chloe, slightly better today thanks. on a higher dose of aymtriptiline now because of the stinging pains in my legs which never go away, only problem is that im so drowsy on them hope that gets better in time. Thanks so much 

I take Amitriptyline which also made me very drowsy when i first started taking it and also when my dose was increased. It took quite a few weeks to get used to it and now the drowsiness has gone. Hopefully, it will be the same for you too.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ketokid, I hope your body adjusts to the medication quickly! Being drowsy can be really frustrating. 
    Scope

• macatacmacatac Member Posts: 8 Listener
    My mandatory reconsideration took 16wks, now have tribunal date for november
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Best of luck with the tribunal @macatac, let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • macatacmacatac Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Ross_Scope  Will do, thanks
Sign in or join us to comment.