Having issues getting a ramp for my flat, and getting a diagnosis about my bowel. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Having issues getting a ramp for my flat, and getting a diagnosis about my bowel. Any advice?

SylviaMorrison72
SylviaMorrison72 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi everyone I'm reaching out as I'm struggling a little atm. Having issues to get a ramp at front of flats and waiting for a diagnosis about my bowel and don't have many close friends. Any advice. I don't know where to go. I'm also trying to get a cooker replacement from curry's so I'm feeling frazzled! 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SylviaMorrison72 :) It sounds like you've got a lot on at the moment!

What kind of accommodation are you in? Who is responsible for getting the ramp? 

Do you know how long it might be until your hear back about a diagnosis? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

I would suggest you contact an OT through social services regarding the ram as they can do a needs assessment and either put a request in fr adaptions or provide a portable ramp. You can refer yourself for a needs assessment on the gov website

As for your diagnosis you need to chase up your GP or consultant.
    Everything always seems to come a once s they say it comes in threes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.