PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip payment changed

hfr00hfr00 Member Posts: 36 Listener
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I’ve recently had my pip reviewed not heard anything yet but have had extra pip put into my account from DWP and am a bit confused could anyone help me out as too why this may have been? Was last paid 8th October and wasn’t expecting another payment until 5th November 
Thanks 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,059 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It's possible you have been awarded a higher award but we can only guess what the extra payment is for. To know for certain you will need to ring DWP and ask.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • hfr00hfr00 Member Posts: 36 Listener
    Thank you for your reply I will give them a ring this afternoon and let you know the outcome  many thanks! 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,747 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hfr00 :) Just to let you know, I edited the photo you uploaded as the letters and numbers underneath were still quite visible. 

Good luck with the phone call later!
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Hi all just phoned pip I can’t believe I now have received enhanced rate daily living previously was on standard and enhanced motibilty which I wasn’t entitled too last time until October 2023 I’m absolutely over the moon! 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Good to read your great news @hfr00 :)
    Best advice I can give is treat the review like a new claim put as much information as you can even if you think it’s not relevant also include evidence which is more than a few years old if it is relevant especially if your condition(s) are long term or lifelong! :) 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,059 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news :)
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,060 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news and thanks for sharing will give others hope, and I agree with your advice that is exactly what I did and I also got an increased award and only had a paper based assessment
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,747 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic, congratulations @hfr00! Thank you for letting us know, and for sharing that advice :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    My review was paper based too no telephone assessment although I did state on my form that a telephone assessment would be very distressing and I got a letter from my care coordinator too support this! 
  • CressCress Member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    That's fantastic news!
    Congrats and best wishes...
Sign in or join us to comment.