Hello - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi lely1 I live in neath hows your day going scope eill be able to find you a job that fits you apart from a seaman what else do thinkbyou would like to do 
  • lesLY1
    lesLY1 Community member Posts: 263 Connected
    Hard to say Lisa but willing 
  • Lisatho11987777
    If your willing to try anything  then you have a wide choice  how old  did you say you were  you could try dhop work on the shop floor somewhere like tesco or asda 
  • lesLY1
    Yes anything wld do but I cant lift I hv a humerous fracture surgery done and a femur surgery but am mobile 
  • lesLY1
    I hv heard about royal mail too 
  • lesLY1
    Care giver too depending if I hv to lift up
  • lesLY1
    Normal cleaning etc lifting only light objects 
  • lesLY1
    I did work on the forklift and for m&s forklift for Honda swindon but at tat time had a tibia fracture and some years later now with the humerous and femur and knee cap but as said am mobile which is good
  • lesLY1
    Thnks for your support am just receiving inspirations and hope the same for u though cant giv much of an advice
  • lesLY1
  • Lisatho11987777
    Hi  you could possibly work on checkouts   or w library  or maybe in an office  I cant lift either there are lots of jos that you might be able to do   you could do training to help you  aswel  some people do voluntary work to try jos out to see if thry like it there are a few options you could do
  • Lisatho11987777
    Royal mail is a good job  you could  go on the royal nail website and see if they have any jobs in your area 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I was a carer  there is no lifting but with care now before you can work you have to fo  your award training now as you have to be registered to be able to do care  so you would have to do thstvfirst but there are  alot of jobs out there for carers   if you go on indeed job search and type in care work for your area  the jobs will come up  and you just fill in the details thry ask you to do care is a rewarding job
  • Lisatho11987777
    Hi you have a pretty good idea of what jobs you could do  maybe scopes job support would be of some help to you  they would be able to match you to jobs  for you 
  • Lisatho11987777
    45 is a good age when it comes to jobs lol I found it easier in mt 40s to find a job 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I dont mind helping and supporting this is the  sort of job I would like to do  its something I think I could be good st as I am a people person  I like helping people  i am a good listener  but what I have found since the corona virus started  I tend to over talk when I get the chance to talk to someone as I font see many people so I am practicing to try not to do that 
  • lesLY1
    No it's not overtalking u mean the advicing
  • lesLY1
    Ur very encouraging n helpful wld say
  • Lisatho11987777
    Yes I would to advise and help people prople eith conditions can sometimes come up against problems because of other people's lack of under standing  its not as bad now as it was when I was younger but sometimes people give up for one reason or another  but I have always told prople its not a disability its an ability to do things when we can I have come up against problems  some of them are funny my first ever problem still makes me laugh now

I parked my car in a disability parking space displayed my badge  did my shopping and when I came back to my car there was a man blocking me in  as I walked towards my  car a man got out snd said to me I knew it your fake there isn't anything wrong  with you my reply was ignorance  is bliss just because you can't see what is wrong with me doesnt mean there isn't  I told him I had lupus he still didn't belive me  and drove off 

Three months later again I parked my car in a disabled spot and the same man was parked behind my car  but I was shocked he got out the car and said he was sorry thst his wife has found out she has lupus  and his wife was in the car and we became friends and I started to go round the country bringing awareness to what lupus was and how to live eith lupus 

Unfortunately my friend died three years later  but still lupus isn't widely know about because sometimes it can take years to get a proper diagnosis 
  • Lisatho11987777
    And thank you for saying I am helpful
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.