PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can I call tribunal to ask decision?

sistersupportersistersupporter Member Posts: 13 Connected
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi, I'm my sister's representative for her PIP appeal. It was last week over the phone but we've had no letter with any decision yet, is it worth ringing the tribunal service to ask the result or are they not able to give it over the phone? She's applied for PIP on mental health grounds and the waiting is making her really unwell and anxious.
Tagged:

Replies

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 1,922 Pioneering
    Hello @sistersupporter and welcome to the community. 

Just to let you know, I have deleted a discussion that was identical to this one, so it doesn't cause confusion for other members.

It's great that you are helping your sister out with this. After the tribunal specifically I'm not sure who it is you would call to enquire about the decision, whether it be DWP or someone else. 

Was there any indication given about how long you might have to wait for a decision? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • sistersupportersistersupporter Member Posts: 13 Connected
    Ahh thank you for that! They did say within a week so hopefully it really won't be much longer now. I unexpectedly wasn't able to be at the tribunal so I can't even reassure her as to how I felt it went either.
    Having posted this, she got a call from the DWP this morning. After more than a year she's gone from being awarded 4 points for daily living and 4 for mobility at the application, increasing to 6 points for daily living at MR.... to enhanced for both components at tribunal. Makes every little bit of the horrible process worth it.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,220 Disability Gamechanger
    Very pleased to read about your sister's tribunal win @sistersupporter :)
    Great news @sistersupporter :) 

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,747 Disability Gamechanger
    Great stuff, thanks for letting us know @sistersupporter. How are you and your sister feeling now? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Great stuff, thanks for letting us know @sistersupporter. How are you and your sister feeling now? 
    Relieved is the main word!! And very happy! We went to a mobility shop today and she’s chosen a new scooter which will actually suit her needs and she can afford with her backpay amount (currently she’s on a second hand portable one which breaks down a lot). And we’ve been able to talk about the possibility of her going on a weekend away with me to support her when COVID dies down too. Life just looks a lot more positive! 
    Sounds great @sistersupporter, I'm happy for you. Hopefully the new scooter is nice :) 

Sign in or join us to comment.