PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Letter from DWP

roberttrobertt Member Posts: 18 Connected
Hi everyone, just received today brown envelope which I don't have a courage to open yet, I heard once the envelope arrives its not a good news. I'm receiving standard allowance since March 2020 and haven't received any correspondence yet until today. Can this be because they investigating me or want to stop the award, I haven't worked since March single hour so it's definitely not working hours related? I'm sorry for the message me sounding paranoid.. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A brown envelope doesn't always mean bad news. It's very unlikely to be anything to do with your current PIP award. As it's Christmas then it could be to do with the £10 Christmas bonus that those that are claiming PIP are entitled to. I guess you won't know until you open the letter.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,061 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertt - try not to worry, tho I must admit I know the feeling about getting a brown envelope. However, my recent one just mentioned that my Christmas bonus, which is unfortunately only £10, would be paid into my bank account shortly. I'm guessing, at this time of year, that's what your letter will be about. :)
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 874 Pioneering
    I got the ten pound but didn’t get the letter . But I know people who have got a letter so it’s prob that . Open it and see . 
  • roberttrobertt Member Posts: 18 Connected
    Thank you guys, I received this £10 few days ago and now looking at the envelope wondering.. 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,061 Disability Gamechanger
    Must have been posting at the same time as Poppy. @robertt - please let us know if it's about your Christmas bonus.
    I also feel that panic of day to day mail never mind brown evelope . 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    robertt said:
    Thank you guys, I received this £10 few days ago and now looking at the envelope wondering.. 

Yup the money usually goes into the bank before you receive the letter, exactly the same for everything with DWP. As you have received the £10 then the letter will be regarding this.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Money can go into your account before a letter; don't worry, this often happens. :)
    I received my ten pound but no letter lol but then again I received my first pip payment and back pay weeks before any mail .

i would think If you got your award in March 2020 it would be way early for a review . 

And work doesn’t affect your pip any way so it wouldn’t be to do with that prob the 10 pound but let’s us know . 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,796 Disability Gamechanger
    From past experience the letters nearly always arrive after the £10 bonus has been paid.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • roberttrobertt Member Posts: 18 Connected
    Thank you Poppy, Woodbine, Chiarieds it's about Christmas bonus £10!

Those brown envelopes guys, those brown envelopes!! 
    Hope you can relax now, & work out what you're going to buy with your Christmas bonus. :)
    I got some Xmas treats for my dog with my bonus 
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,260 Disability Gamechanger
    Lol, I had the same panic yesterday upon seeing a brown envelope in the post box!!  :o  Turned out the be the Xmas bonus letter...

I wonder how much it costs them to process and post these letters to thousands of people?   :#

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Make that millions of people, but the cost won't be as much as you might think.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,229

Scope community team

It's unanimous @robertt, nobody is overjoyed whenever a brown envelope falls through the letterbox. 

Glad it was just about the bonus, spend it wisely :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.