Letter from DWP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter from DWP

robertt
robertt Community member Posts: 120 Connected
Hi everyone, just received today brown envelope which I don't have a courage to open yet, I heard once the envelope arrives its not a good news. I'm receiving standard allowance since March 2020 and haven't received any correspondence yet until today. Can this be because they investigating me or want to stop the award, I haven't worked since March single hour so it's definitely not working hours related? I'm sorry for the message me sounding paranoid.. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A brown envelope doesn't always mean bad news. It's very unlikely to be anything to do with your current PIP award. As it's Christmas then it could be to do with the £10 Christmas bonus that those that are claiming PIP are entitled to. I guess you won't know until you open the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertt - try not to worry, tho I must admit I know the feeling about getting a brown envelope. However, my recent one just mentioned that my Christmas bonus, which is unfortunately only £10, would be paid into my bank account shortly. I'm guessing, at this time of year, that's what your letter will be about. :)
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I got the ten pound but didn’t get the letter . But I know people who have got a letter so it’s prob that . Open it and see . 
  • robertt
    Thank you guys, I received this £10 few days ago and now looking at the envelope wondering.. 
  • chiarieds
    Must have been posting at the same time as Poppy. @robertt - please let us know if it's about your Christmas bonus.
  • cupcake88
    I also feel that panic of day to day mail never mind brown evelope . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    robertt said:
    Thank you guys, I received this £10 few days ago and now looking at the envelope wondering.. 

Yup the money usually goes into the bank before you receive the letter, exactly the same for everything with DWP. As you have received the £10 then the letter will be regarding this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    Money can go into your account before a letter; don't worry, this often happens. :)
  • cupcake88
    I received my ten pound but no letter lol but then again I received my first pip payment and back pay weeks before any mail .

i would think If you got your award in March 2020 it would be way early for a review . 

And work doesn’t affect your pip any way so it wouldn’t be to do with that prob the 10 pound but let’s us know . 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    From past experience the letters nearly always arrive after the £10 bonus has been paid.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• robertt
    Thank you Poppy, Woodbine, Chiarieds it's about Christmas bonus £10!

Those brown envelopes guys, those brown envelopes!! 
  • chiarieds
    Hope you can relax now, & work out what you're going to buy with your Christmas bonus. :)
  • cupcake88
    I got some Xmas treats for my dog with my bonus 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Lol, I had the same panic yesterday upon seeing a brown envelope in the post box!!  :o  Turned out the be the Xmas bonus letter...

I wonder how much it costs them to process and post these letters to thousands of people?   :#

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Make that millions of people, but the cost won't be as much as you might think.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It's unanimous @robertt, nobody is overjoyed whenever a brown envelope falls through the letterbox. 

Glad it was just about the bonus, spend it wisely :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.