Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Let it snow

janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,301 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
Anyone else woken up to snow this morning ? 

Was planning going shopping but dont think I will risk it on my scooter 

Replies

• Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,780 Disability Gamechanger
    Not where I am, but it's very chilly! I've got my window open because I've got my clothes hung up to dry and it's making me want to crawl under my duvet.
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,301 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tori_Scope we have couple inches I reckon never had to use my scooter in snow so bit wary of going out will just have to hope it's gone b4 I run out food lol 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,780 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed @janer1967! Could you get a shop delivered if not? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    There are no slots till next week already checked 

Will send my son if we run out we wont starve 
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,827 Disability Gamechanger
    No snow here in the south east. I used to love snow when I was at school because it meant school would be off but now I don’t like it as much as it makes driving harder!
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,214 Disability Gamechanger
    No snow here up North either but i do know that some areas up North have it, we've just been one of the lucky ones. My daughter lives further up than me but she hasn't said they have any and she's on her way to my house now. Lets hope it stays away because i hate it! Walking is difficult enough without the snow underneath.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Fingers crossed it stays away for you @poppy123456
    @66Mustang good you not got any and can still go for drive 
  • vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 226 Pioneering
         Lots of snow here in Lancashire,  apparently my 2 year old granddaughter has hijacked a sledge from someone on the street and is refusing to get off it  :D 
    @vikingqueen good for her at least the kids enjoy the snow 
  • WestHam06WestHam06 Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,045 Pioneering
    No snow where I am. When you're kids snow is the best thing ever particularly if you get a snow day out of it :) As an adult it's still fun but obviously we're more aware of the dangers that it can cause. I must say though I am still a kid at heart, you can't beat building a snowman or the occasional snowball fight ... Really it was never me who started them :wink: Thank you.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,266 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Woke up to around 2" of snow this morning and although its a cold day most of it has already gone, must admit i'm like a big kid and I love the snow, it seems to make everything look so good.

What the difference between a snow man and a snow woman?

snow-balls
    @woodbine lol 

It's nearly all gone here too now 
Sign in or join us to comment.