They said they can't come to a decision until I have a F2F assessment. My payments stop on Friday — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

They said they can't come to a decision until I have a F2F assessment. My payments stop on Friday

Options
stev196666
stev196666 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone hope you are all keeping safe
Tagged:

Comments

• stev196666
    Options
    Hi my esa comes to the end of the year on Friday, I went for assessment in April and it was cancelled because of covid, I had a assessment over the phone September now been told they cannot come to a desion until I have a face to face and my payments stop on friday
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sometimes this happens and they cant for enough information from the phone assessment 

I'm not too sure what you can do as it depends on your circumstances to what you can claim 

One of our benefits experts will be able to advise you more 
  • stev196666
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

This is because you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment and sometimes they can't get enough of information through just the telephone assessment.

Your ESA will not continue past the 365 days unless placed into the Support Group. There's no news on when the face to face assessments will be back up and running again.

Use a benefits calculator to check entitlement to Universal Credit. Though, do be aware that a claim for UC will end any tax credits you may already be claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @stev196666 :)Here's a link to Scope's benefits calculator, in case you wanted to check your entitlement to Universal Credit.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.