Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

LWCRA Backdated Payments

bobbyduckersbobbyduckers Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all, 

I'm hoping someone can help, I provided my first sick note on 2/11/20 and recieved a letter on my U.C journal saying I had been awarded LWCRA. 

My 3 month waiting period ends on my February payment, does this mean I will get a backdated payment covering 2/11/20 - 26/02/21? 

Many thanks 
Bobby 

Replies

• MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    edited January 22
    No, it’s not backdated if you were not entitled and you would need to have 3 full assessment periods after handing in the fit note before been entitled. 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,120 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome as above the 3 month is a waiting period for which there is no payment due 
  • bobbyduckersbobbyduckers Member Posts: 3 Listener
    MarkN88 said:
    No, it’s not backdated if you were not entitled and you would need to have 3 full assessment periods after handing in the fit note before been entitled. 

Thabjs for the reply, I am entitled, I received a letter on the 4th November being awarded LCWRA. 

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,120 Disability Gamechanger
    No body us entitled for payment for the first 3 assessment periods even if you have been awarded 

Sorry but this is just the way it is 
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    MarkN88 said:

Thabjs for the reply, I am entitled, I received a letter on the 4th November being awarded LCWRA. 

Yeah I’m not disputing you are not entitled. I understand you have been awarded. You get no extra money for the first three assessment periods though, so they owe you nothing for that period of time. 
  • bobbyduckersbobbyduckers Member Posts: 3 Listener
    MarkN88 said:
    MarkN88 said:

Yeah I’m not disputing you are not entitled. I understand you have been awarded. You get no extra money for the first three assessment periods though, so they owe you nothing for that period of time. 
    Yeah I understand it now, just isn't too clear off the bat
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Hi @bobbyduckers

Hope the above information has been helpful :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,108 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bobbyduckers - & welcome to the community. I'm glad you got your query answered above. If you have any other questions at any time, just say. :)
Sign in or join us to comment.