Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is GeoffN!
I am a proud Brummie and can't thank the QE Hospital enough. I had VNS Epilepsy Surgery in September at the aforementioned place and have recovered well. But I struggle with Arthritis and have been off work for 4 months after being an HCA and Support Worker. I have a family, Mother, Sister (both legs), Brother who all had hip replacements and it looks like it will be my turn next. Although I appreciate it may be some months. We were all quite Sporty but it caught up with us in our 50s and mom in early 70s. I loved Badminton, Cricket, Snooker and Rugby, plus board games. Yes I love hot chocolate too, it helps me sleep at night. It has to be Cadburys with Milk though.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.