Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is GeoffN!

GeoffNGeoffN Member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a proud Brummie and can't thank the QE Hospital enough. I had VNS Epilepsy Surgery in September at the aforementioned place and have recovered well. But I struggle with Arthritis and have been off work for 4 months after being an HCA and Support Worker. I have a family, Mother, Sister (both legs), Brother who all had hip replacements and it looks like it will be my turn next. Although I appreciate it may be some months. We were all quite Sporty but it caught up with us in our 50s and mom in early 70s. I loved Badminton, Cricket, Snooker and Rugby, plus board games. Yes I love hot chocolate too, it helps me sleep at night. It has to be Cadburys with Milk though.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,443 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome and thanks for telling us about yourself 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Look forward to seeing you around 
  • Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 514 Pioneering
    Hi @GeoffN I'm not a brummie but very near by,  glad your ops went ok and hopefully you'll be fit to go back work soon. 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,511 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @GeoffN

Welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself.

What board games do you like to play?
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @GeoffN :)

Thanks for telling us about yourself! Please feel free to have a look around the community, and give us a shout if you need anything, 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
Sign in or join us to comment.