Autism and Aspergers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi,I'm missnikkib77! My son has autism, but he's not getting support from the school. Any advice?

missnikkib77missnikkib77 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 22 in Autism and Aspergers
Hi! 
I'm a single parent of a lovely young man named Jacob, 22, and a lovely younger man named Daniel.
Daniel recently turned 18, and he is diagnosed as autistic, none verbal and has a severe sensory perception disorder. 
He has been home with me since day one of lockdown, and he needs constant 24/7 support and supervision. 
He's recieved no input from education, nothing on his ehcp has been adhered to, and I have nearly totally broke down. I've had no support whatsoever until we hit crisis point due to my own ill health. 
Only emergency help is available, and once you hit crisis I'd say that's too late! 
Anyone have any advice? 
My son isn't returning to his school now, due to his progress at home being amazing by the way, despite it having a knock on effect to my own health. 

Tagged:

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,462 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry you are not getting any support for your son a familiar story during these times unfortunately 

Have you contacted social services regarding support or care needs 

You can refer for care needs assessment on the Gov website and you will get ot who will advise of any needs for you and your son 

Also may be worth an email to you local mp about your concerns or contacting cab 

We do have section on here parents and carers which may have some advice 

I hope you get something sorted 
Sign in or join us to comment.