Disability & employment solicitor recommendations? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability & employment solicitor recommendations?

Options
hengster
hengster Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hello, is there anyone in the community here who can recommend an employment solicitor with great knowledge , awareness and understanding of disability and mental health issues ? This is to help me with my circumstances with employer. Thank you.  
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

It depends on the area you are from 

You can get good advice from ACAS who are free and their website has lots of information 

I have knowledge of employment law too and may be able to give some general advice 
  • DollyMix00
    DollyMix00 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I found my solicitor through Google. I did try ACAS, but found them to be useless, though the information on the website is helpful.

My suggestion would be to Google for them and pick a few, email/call them with a brief outline of your issue. The solicitor I found was absolutely brilliant and did the best for me.

Just as a word of warning, I did email a few and they never answered, which can be disheartening. Don't give up as you will find one. I also contacted citizens advice, who had a list of solicitors but I didn't go with any of their choices, they also could offer advice. Hope that helps.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.