Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How do you move

charlie79charlie79 Member Posts: 202 Pioneering
I want to move out of London but because I have no family or connections to other counties it would be difficult. This is not something I want to do in the immediate future as I need a lot of support which I recieve from 2 friends so my struggles are a bit much.
I am originally from Nottinghamshire but due to child abuse I do not wish to return.
Im looking to the future. When the time is right can anyone advise me of my options


  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,437 Disability Gamechanger
    I assume you are in social housing atm (council or housing assoc)? you could when the time comes enquire if they have house exchange schemes? Or you could try the private sector?
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • charlie79charlie79 Member Posts: 202 Pioneering
    No I am renting through the council but its a private landlord. Because of the severity of my problems and I was homeless. I had many issues temp housing would not of been suitable. I have severe acrophobia and fear due to a rape. So with housing problem they put me in a privately rented flat in Brixton (London)
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,993

    Scope community team

    Do you know where you might like to move to @charlie79
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.