How do you move — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you move

charlie79
charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
I want to move out of London but because I have no family or connections to other counties it would be difficult. This is not something I want to do in the immediate future as I need a lot of support which I recieve from 2 friends so my struggles are a bit much.
I am originally from Nottinghamshire but due to child abuse I do not wish to return.
Im looking to the future. When the time is right can anyone advise me of my options

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I assume you are in social housing atm (council or housing assoc)? you could when the time comes enquire if they have house exchange schemes? Or you could try the private sector?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    No I am renting through the council but its a private landlord. Because of the severity of my problems and I was homeless. I had many issues temp housing would not of been suitable. I have severe acrophobia and fear due to a rape. So with housing problem they put me in a privately rented flat in Brixton (London)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you know where you might like to move to @charlie79
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.