PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi I'm Charlieg! Is it normal to get a letter saying they have the info needed and will contact me?

CharliegCharlieg Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 8 in PIP, DLA and AA
I had a pip assessment over the phone 3 weeks ago and today I received a letter to say they have all the information they need to make a decision and will contact me in due course. Is this norwal. Iam currently on standard care. And no mobility. 
Thanks

Replies

• CharliegCharlieg Member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited March 10
    I had a pip assessment over the phone 3 weeks ago and today I received a letter to say they have all the information they need to make a decision and will contact me in due course. Is this norwal. Iam currently on standard care. And no mobility. 
    Thanks
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Yes this is normal procedure 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,516 Disability Gamechanger
    @Charlieg you can now contact them and ask for a copy of the assessment which will give you an idea of the award as the DWP DM usually (but not always) follow the report.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,039

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @Charlieg :) I hope the above comments have helped.

Just so you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category, and renamed it to make it easier for other members to find. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,356 Disability Gamechanger
    @Charlieg, Hello and well, this is a normal letter to receive. What you can do is phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your official award notification letter. If the report is not what is what you expected then you have time while waiting to prepare for a mandatory reconsideration. This is where your award is looked at again by a different decision maker who will then either issue a new award or agree with the original award then it’s up to you if you feel it’s worth taking to a tribunal hearing. What ever you decide there are strict time scales as how long you have to appeal for an MR this can be requested over the phone then followed up by a letter and your MR submissions.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,187

Scope community team

hello and welcome to the community @Charlieg

I hope you get a positive outcome, let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.