Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Mortgage?

RageshtRagesht Member Posts: 44 Connected
Hello family, I have been asked by my solicitor to get a few quotes for a mortgage, I am 58,long term disabled due to MS, my research shows, it’s probably an impossible task, anyone here able to help would be appreciated, thank you in advance,

Ragesh
Tagged:

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,239 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I am afraid it is near impossible one due to your age another if you are on benefits only it is very unlikely you will find a mortgage sorry 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,562 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ragesht i'm intrigued as to why your solicitor has asked you to get a few quotes for a mortgage?
    It's not impossible to get a mortgage whilst on benefits, we did it a few years back, but as janer1967 says your age is against you.
    The only advice I can offer is to try and speak to what is called "A whole of market" broker.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • RageshtRagesht Member Posts: 44 Connected
    woodbine, thanks for your reply, the reason why my solicitor has asked is to satisfy a courts request.
Sign in or join us to comment.