Support with filling in an ESA form? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support with filling in an ESA form?

MobileGames
MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
Please could I as if any of the Scope advisors on here can help with filling in an ESA form. My assessment is next month and the thought of filling out the form on my own when it comes will cause me anxiety and agitation to the point of a funny feeling in my chest,on the verge of tears or crying because it overwhelms me and I tend to over think what to put,even if I write it down beforehand. I tend to reread what I've put and get bogged down in it and the time frame in which to complete the form causes me to feel under pressure. I tend to second guess what I've put and worry if I've put adequate evidence on it. Thank you.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MobileGames and thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear how anxious you are about filling in your ESA form.  I really understand how daunting it can feel to fill in lengthy forms and I don't want you getting yourself upset about it :(

This Citizens Advice webpage has detailed advice on filling in the ESA capability for work form including what to include in answering each question.  While, if you want to talk with our community members or any of the Scope team about particular bits, just give us a shout on this thread and we'll endeavour to help you.

If you prefer Scope's friendly helpline team will happily talk you through the form.  You can contact them on: 0808 800 3333 between Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 6pm.

I think an important thing to say at this point is, try not to worry (I know, easier said than done!). Break it down into small manageable chunks and reward yourself after with a cuppa tea and a biscuit - if that's your thing 
    :D   Don't put too much pressure on yourself and the only thing we can all do is our best at the time.  You know where we are if ever you need to chat so please do get in touch.  Take care and speak soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • MobileGames
    @Cher_Scope. Thank you. I appreciate your help. When the form comes,I'm due for an assessment next month, do I need to fill it in from a workplace point of view or life in general please? I looked on the CAB website and the questions are confusing. They do help you break them down but I still don't know whether to answer it from a workplace point of view or life in general. Thank you. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

You may find your renewal may not take place when expected as there are delays in WCA and the review dates are just a guide 

You wull keep your current award until re assessment and new decision has been completed 
  • MobileGames
    @Username_removed. Thank you for the advice. It was confusing me as from what angle to look at it from. Now I'm just waiting for the dreaded form to land on the door mat. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.