PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP cancelled due to no phone call

dve24dve24 Member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 18 in PIP, DLA and AA
I just got a letter saying I need to do a mandatory reconsideration they say I did not show evidence for not attending a interview but on three different occasions in 2020 I've had three dates for the telephone interview and nobody ever called me, I sent them a letter stating this recorded delivery but now my claim is stopped what do I do 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,205 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

All you can do is ring them . Do you have details or copy of letter you sent and proof 9f delivery if you say you sent it recorded delivery 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dve24 - & welcome to the community. I certainly agree with the advice given above. Depending on when you sent your letter, if you think the DWP should have received it by now, I would give them a call on their PIP enquiry line which is 0800 121 4433. They are now open from 9am, which is probably the best time to get through, tho sometimes you have to wait for quite a while., unfortunately.
    As Jane mentions, if you have proof of the letter you posted, then this should help, so do have it to hand.
    I'm sorry for what you've gone through, & would think it unacceptable to be asked to do a Mandatory Reconsideration when, through no fault of your own, you haven't had an assessment. Please do let us know how you get on, thank you.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,644 Disability Gamechanger
    This makes me think:

- you have a block on your phone 
    - they have a digit wrong in your number.

However, now they’ve made a decision MR is your only option. This is not a bad thing. A claim determined only on a PIP2 and your accompanying evidence is arguably more likely to succeed than one which has had a HCP assessment with all the wrongly drawn inferences that can involve provided you submitted a high quality PIP 2. 

You need your MR to focus firstly on there not having been a failure to attend and secondly on any gaps you have subsequently noted in your own evidence.
  • dve24dve24 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I know they have the right number as I was text on each occasion to let me know the date and time of the phone interview? so they have the right number and no blocks on my line? I'm going to phone them at 9 today unfortunately i don't have the receipt for the letter I sent would they not have a record of the txt messages?
    If you’re going to do an MR then put it in writing and don’t phone them. If you phone them there is every chance they will take that as you requesting an MR and that will also be done and dusted before you blink.
  • dve24dve24 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I just got off the phone and just away to write a letter also surly they will see its not my fault saying I failed to attend yet no phone call for the interview three times 🤷‍♂️
    If you’re going to do an MR then put it in writing and don’t phone them. If you phone them there is every chance they will take that as you requesting an MR and that will also be done and dusted before you blink.
    Bears repetition I think. 
Sign in or join us to comment.