Hi, I'm kenngordon! Can anyone direct me to the 'Bexby Report'? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, I'm kenngordon! Can anyone direct me to the 'Bexby Report'?

kenngordon
kenngordon Member Posts: 3 Listener
Can anyone tell me what the Bexby is
I received an interim payment from the dwp in Dec after a telephone call in November telling me that they owed me a Disability Premium backdated to 2014 and that it would be a substantial payment covering all the years if they failed to pay me the premium since 2014 then they would ow me around £20,000 
So I called today to find out why I had heard nothing from then since Nov 2020 they d=said that it was being reviewed under "The Bexby Report" so of course I asked what is the Bexby report and the call handler for the ESA  and they did nit know nor did JCP or UC sections so can someone please enlighten me as to where I can fid a copy of the bexby report TY and stay safe

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,409 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu and welcome 

I'm sorry I have no idea what this is and it doesnt come up on google either 
  • kenngordon
    The only google link is https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/67641/bcfc
    and this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/disability-benefit-dwp-esa-esther-mcvey-a8453271.html#16161638303642&{"sender":"offer-0-J1VSo","displayMode":"inline","recipient":"opener","event":"resize","params":{"height":132,"iframeId":"offer-0-J1VSo"}}

• Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,400 Scope online community team
    edited March 2021
    Hi @kenngordon and welcome to our community.

I'm struggling to find any reference to the Bexby Report either unfortunately.  The Independent article you link to cites an official error and section 27 of the Social Security Act 1998 therefore it could be in relation to this.  I'll definitely do some more research though and get back to you with any firm answers.

Edited to add: I've moved your post to our ESA category and tweaked the title to see if anyone else can help. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Geoark
    Geoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi the BExBI team (Benefit Expenditure Business Information) is part of the DWP accountancy team. They have access to a number of systems that many staff don't and often respond to inquiries on benefit spending. One of these is the Central Payment System.

If they do not have the information at hand then they are likely waiting for a report from this team on what payments were made. As such it is not something you can 'look up'.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• kenngordon
    Thank you for your assistance 

• Geoark
    Hi @mikehughescq

Over the years I have done a lot research in different areas trying identify how we could better align what we were doing with the national and regional priorities. I've mainly seen it as a footnote regarding the source for written responses to MPs. It doesn't appear often from what I've seen.

• Geoark
    I was on the board for 15 years, most of them as Chair for a non profit organisation. Understanding local and national priorities was a good way to see how we could align what we are doing, as well as identifying potential areas of funding.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.