Pip awarded but then had letter for telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip awarded but then had letter for telephone assessment

Options
Lldixiell
Lldixiell Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello i was wondering if anyone can help my pip was reviewed in December 2020 filled out assessment form and got reward letter saying i have got pip until 2o25 and no need for a face to face assessment but today 3 months later i have received a letter from capita for a telephone assessment in 2 weeks does this sound right thanks in advance 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That doesn’t sound right. Ring PIP on Monday and see if you can get them to instruct the assessment provider to cancel the appointment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    Options
    ...a select number of recent awards are subject to immediate review following an award, renewal or appeal. 
    Was not aware of that. Have come across it for ESA but not PIP. How brutal.
    However, they were doing review would the notification of that not come from DWP with another questionnaire. This post only refers to a letter from Capita with a new assessment date which mades me wonder if it is an error in Capita’s work schedule.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lldixiell
    Lldixiell Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I haven't received another form to fill in just a letter for a telephone assessment 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Lldixiell said:
    Hello i was wondering if anyone can help my pip was reviewed in December 2020 filled out assessment form and got reward letter saying i have got pip until 2o25 and no need for a face to face assessment but today 3 months later i have received a letter from capita for a telephone assessment in 2 weeks does this sound right thanks in advance 
    Hello @Lldixiell. The letter you received saying you have PIP until 2025, is there any possibility this was an extension letter rather than an award letter? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    Options
    Lldixiell said:
    Hello @Lldixiell. The letter you received saying you have PIP until 2025, is there any possibility this was an extension letter rather than an award letter? 
    Seems unlikely if the review was in December 2020.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.