Autism assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism assessment

Options
Broreb1981
Broreb1981 Community member Posts: 160 Courageous
Hello 
I have schizoaffective disorder and fibromyalgia but I think I might have autism traits too. How do you start the ball rolling to getting an assessment 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I dont know a lot about autism but I would think your gp would be the first point of call 

You might find some info on the autism society website or NHS website as well 

Hope you find some answers 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Boreb1981

First of all, can I offer you a warm welcome to the online community. It's good to have you with us :)

In terms of your post above and your question about getting assessed for a diagnosis of autism - as @Janer1967 says your GP, health visitor, or another relevant health professional is going to be the person that you need to speak to about this. So, just to ask first of all - is that something that you have already done? 

In addition to that advice, I've also put together a few links to some external resources that you might find useful:
    You may already be aware of these websites. But if not, then I would certainly recommend these links as a good starting point for finding out some more information.

Last of all, I'm going to move your post over to the Autism and Aspergers page on our online community - just so that our other members can spot your post more easily and possibly also offer you some additional advice on your query.

Hope that's helpful to you? Please do come back to us if you have any further questions or you would like to chat about this some more.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.