LCW to LCWRA Is Payment Backdate Applicablle? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCW to LCWRA Is Payment Backdate Applicablle?

Options
Simon3585
Simon3585 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi There
I have been on LCW for over 3 years and reported a fit note as advised in July 2020 as now my conditions were confirmed by Chonic pain team andothers.
I was told I would receive a UC50, I didnt.
I had medical evidence.
The change in circumstances  was ignored or lost in the system however clearly it had been discussed in my diary with my work coach !
After 4 months and lots of contact from me met with delays and excuses I have just been awarded LCWRA.
The award letter stated that my 'LCWRA award would continue' I had only ever had LCW.
After enquiring earlier today they said that I have my fist payment next week and that there was no delay after the descision  was made and ignored the facts  that the process started originally last year on July.
As I was receiving LCW before is this correct because I can't see that it is from everything I have read online.
Thanks for reading look forward to comments, similar situations and outcomes.

Simon.

Comments

• Simon3585
    edited March 2021
    Options
    My mobility worsened last year had lots of tests a minor op ended up with Chronic Pain Team to be concluded that I've had Fibromyalgia for some years not just joint wear.
    Thats a brief outline my question is that I requested a reassessment April 2020, was told there would be wait undertabdably at tge moment. In October I started equireys and felt I was being fobbed off, I was I called the assessment centre to be told they hadn't received a request for a UC50. Phoned UC to be told something may have gone awry.
    Long story short in January 2021 after several messages with work coach and another phone call was told that the request had been put forwards again but there would be a wait.
    March still no forms, I can undeestand a delay in the process after submitting the UC50 but I'd be in the queue.
    Further enquiries to be messaged now from UC that because I had previously had an award (that ended in December) I wouldn't receive a forn after all and need to keep supplying fit notes. 
    How can this be correct I struggle to meet my needs as it is.
    Is anyone having the same problems ?
  • Simon3585
    Options
    Excuse the Typos !
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Simon3585 and welcome to our community.

Apologies your post was initially missed and I'm sorry to hear the process hasn't been straight forward for you.  Are you managing okay financially and for food, etc?  Please let us know if we can be of any help - if you would prefer to do this privately, please email us at community@scope.org.uk 

I've moved your post to our Universal Credit section and would be interested in knowing if others have been through the same.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    An award of what ended in December? Which year?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Simon3585
    Options
    Limited Capability For Work
  • calcotti
    Options
    LCW ended Dec 2019 or Dec 2020? What ended it - it can’t just end with an assessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Simon3585
    Options
    I was told it ran out in December by my new coach at a different office within the same district as I had moved with the Councils help to assisted housing.
  • Simon3585
    Options
    I was initially told I would have a reasesment, then told I beeded to produce a fit note as reasesments were not happening at the moment.
    I phoned UC they said they would message my coach.
    I was then told after enquiring that a request for a UC50 to be sent had now been done mid January.
    Still no UC50 I asked why still no form here is the reply.
  • Simon3585
    Options
    2 Mar 2021 at 4:04pm
    Good afternoon Simon,

Due to the high volume of new claims and WCA's anyone who has already been given a decision in their favour previously will continue with this until further notice.
    So for now, you will not receive the UC50, but will continue to be treated as limited capability.
    I hope this helps.

Regards,

Susan.
    Show less(visual only)

Send reply

Susan

Bognor Regis Jobcentre Plus
  • Simon3585
    Options
    2 Mar 2021 at 4:04pmGood afternoon Simon, Due to the high volume of new claims and WCA's anyone who has already been given a decision in their favour previously will continue with this until further notice. So for now, you will not receive the UC50, but will continue to be treated as limited capability. I hope this helps. Regards, 
  • Simon3585
    Options
    Sorry December 2020
  • calcotti
    Options
    So that appears to say your LCW has not ended and you are still being treated as having LCW. What makes no sense is if that is the case you should not be required to provide Fit Notes.

it seems to be saying that there is no capacity to reassess you at the moment. Where that leaves you I really don’t know.
  • Simon3585
    Options
    When I phoned UC they said to call the assessment centre, they gave me the number to see if it was a problem their end
    They said that all they needed was a messge from UC and they would send the UC 50.
    I really dont understand its like someone at the UC office is making decisions as to who they think they will forward on for asesment it doesnt seem right.

• calcotti
    Options
    The assessment centre will not issue UC50 unless instructed to do so by UC.

I agree something doesn't seem right.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Simon3585. How long have you been supplying new fit notes for?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    calcotti said:
    So that appears to say your LCW has not ended and you are still being treated as having LCW. What makes no sense is if that is the case you should not be required to provide Fit Notes.
    If he's requested the reassessment due to deterioration or a change I believe he should be continuing to hand in fit notes relating to the reassessment/change. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    Options
    calcotti said:
    If he's requested the reassessment due to deterioration or a change I believe he should be continuing to hand in fit notes relating to the reassessment/change. 
    Didn't know that but i can see it's a possibility.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you report a change you need to send in fit notes relating to the new condition until it has been assessed 

This is what I was told in the past 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.