Pip got reduced, now esa wasn't in my bank today — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip got reduced, now esa wasn't in my bank today

Options
liz070181
liz070181 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi

I usually get my esa every Tues, today it wasn't in my bank.

I have recently had my pip reduced and have asked for MR.....would this affect my esa payment.

Although when I looked at my award letter dated Jan...it says that when the awards increase my payment will be fro 14th April....Which is tomorrow, so does this mean my payment day has changed to Wednesdays every two weeks now.

I'm seriously worried as will be without any money if the esa has stopped.

Please help....any advice 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I am a bit confused as you say your PIP has been reduced then move on to say when you get new increased payment? 

Sometimes a new PIP decision can affect payment of esa as they will check the calculation is correct 

All you can do is call them to see what is happening 
  • liz070181
    Options
    @janer1967 thanks for replying.

Sorry hard to explain when so worried! I was on the enhance rate of pip, and now gone to standard rate, when I'm worse than I was on first assessment, so have asked for them to look again at my claim, so a MR.

With my esa, I received a  letter regarding the April increase from 12th April said payment will be on the 14th April 2021 till November 2021......so just wondered because 8ve asked them to look at my pip again, would this affect my esa? 

Just worried I'm now loosing all my benefits

• janer1967
    Options
    You won't be losing your esa will just be maybe as I explained change in PIP will have triggered recalculation  it's just a admin thing 

But call them 
  • liz070181
    Options
    @janer1967

I appreciate you responding....I will call them first thing tomorrow 

Thanks ? fingers crossed ?
  • janer1967
    Options
    OK let us know the outcome as will be helpful for other members 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.