Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi all, thanks in advance for any help.
I have been trying to deal with mental health and wide spread pain for a lot of years. I have completed a pip review approx eight weeks ago. I still haven’t heard anything, I have had hip, back, neck , elbow pain and for the later four I have never had any points for that as I didn’t have any medical reports to support this, recently I have had full spinal mri scan and have been to told I cannot have surgery on lumber spine nhs can offer spinal pain relief injection. My cervical spine I have been told it will never get any better and may stay the same or get worse and if I want I can be referred to neurologist for surgery.
Has any one experienced this so I can maybe have some insight as to what to expect.
Sorry for the long message
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.