Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
When should LCWRA be payable from? Feel like I'm being penalised for their slow response
Started a new claim for UC in April 2020 due to husband being furloughed, I was receiving ESA Contribution based (WRAG) until the week before claiming UC I had been in the Suppost Group up until 2019 and after assesment got put in WRAG group. Right from the start of UC I told them of my Illness and kept adding notes to my journal hoping for a reply, in December I actually managed to get it sorted and got awarded LCW from start due to transitioning from ESA and then got sent a the form to fill in how my illness affects me. Assesment carried out over phone and decision made for me to go into LCWRA group. My question is when should LCWRA be payable from as I can't get a answer from UC as far as Im concered they were aware from the start and I am being penalised for their slow response as they are saying its only from decision date but had they sent me the form earlier it would been awarded erlier.
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 871 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.