Calling all parents of school-age children diagnosed with ASD and ADHD — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Calling all parents of school-age children diagnosed with ASD and ADHD

Options
CMPsychologyStudy
CMPsychologyStudy Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I would love to talk to you, in your own words, about how your child has managed during the COVID pandemic, as part of a psychological research study at BPP University.

THE STUDY HAS BEEN FULLY APPROVED BY THE ETHICS COMMITTEE AT BPP UNIVERSITY. ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE AND ANONYMISED.

If you have 30 minutes to spare in your busy schedule, I would be grateful to record your knowledge of this unprecedented period.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PART, PLEASE CONTACT ME.

What are the benefits of taking part?

·       The anticipated benefits from the study will be documenting the knowledge you give us of your experience of the child coping in the difficult circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic.

·       It is hoped more guidance can be given to parents/guardians/teachers regarding the pandemic.

·       It is hoped to highlight levels of support required in helping children with autism.

·       It is hoped to view any long-term implications for the children with autism due to the pandemic.

·       Lastly, it is hoped that your knowledge can add to growing, present information surrounding extra support needed for children with autism.

Many thanks for your help.

Charlotte

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @CMPsychologyStudy and welcome to our community.

Thanks for thinking of us in connection to this study.  The data you're collating sounds valuable as a means of informing future practice so we wish you well and please keep us updated.

Just to ensure this study is safe for our members, could you please email us at community@scope.org.uk with more details of what participation would involve and how personal details will be handled/stored?  Once verified, we'll confirm this has been done and add our disclaimer to this thread as is routine for research opportunities :)

Many thanks.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just to update - the above research has been checked and verified as safe for our members to participate in :)

Good luck @CMPsychologyStudy

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • JennieJJ
    JennieJJ Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi I am new to this site. How do we contact you regarding this research, if its still available? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    JennieJJ said:
    Hi I am new to this site. How do we contact you regarding this research, if its still available? 
    The OP joined scope on 6 th May and was last on here on the 7th May so i'm not sure you could contact them.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    JennieJJ said:
    Hello there and welcome to the community. If the OP, @CMPsychologyStudy, is still looking for participants, I'm sure they will respond on the thread.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.