Hi, my name is mod4it64 and ive been awarded the enhanced payment for both parts of pip! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mod4it64 and ive been awarded the enhanced payment for both parts of pip!

Options
mod4it64
mod4it64 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Ive recently been due to go to tribunal for a pip award but was contacted by phone and asked a few questions then said they would ring back in hhslf hour. They rung back znd told me i did not need to go to tribunal as now ive been awarded the enhanced payment for both parts of pip.
This was on the 5th may now wondering when i will recieve my back payment and award letter as they did not say its already been 7 minth since my original claim 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It can take a while  jt as it was a dwp award it should be quicker 

You will prob find your payment goes in before you get a letter as they are released at same time and bank us quicker 

They will need to calculate your backpay and get it authorised 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,826 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mod4it64 congrats on winning your award, they will send you a letter out, as its only been since 5th May you won the award, these things can a bit of time to sort out, I apriciate its been 7 months in the running all together but hopefully you receive something soon. Also welcome to the forum.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,132 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mod4it64.
    Just wanted to say that’s great news. It shouldn’t be to long till it’s sorted glad they got it right in the end.?

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @mod4it64 :) Good to have yo with us!

I know a couple of our members have already been in touch in response to your first post. Hopefully, that's helped to answer your query?

Glad to hear that it was good news about your PIP award. In fact, given the content of your first post, I've just tweaked the title slightly and popped this thread into our PIP, DLA and AA category, so that other members can share in your good news!

Please do stick around as well. Whilst you're here you might want to get involved in some of the chats in our Coffee lounge, or have a look at some of our other recent discussions on the community. It would be great to get to know you a bit better.

All the best, and you have a good day. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 549 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @mod4it64. That is great news. Well done
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations @mod4it64

I got a phone call on Thursday afternoon too offering me Enhanced DL and Standard Mobility (from 0 points). I'm still waiting for the DWP to close my appeal and a letter about my backpay and future payments. Fingers crossed things won't be too long for us but I'll be ringing Friday to see if there's an update. 
  • saversam
    saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Congratulations . It,s great to hear a success.  Well done
  • bg844
    Options
    They’ve just emailed and text me saying my appeal is now closed. I’m not sure how much longer it’ll take now, feel a fool after writing that before ?
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Options
    You must have had a premonition @bg844 :D

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 549 Pioneering
    Options
    Well done @bg844, that’s great news ?
  • bg844
    Options
    Thank you all. I shouldn’t of even had to accept an offer to be honest, I was on a lifetime DLA award with no issues, no assessment either. I never phoned them and they wrote to me if they needed anything (which only happened once). I think if you get a long-term/life award you must be disabled. I feel a big injustice for all disabled people especially those who move over to stupid systems like PIP. I’m sorry for the rant but the DWP honestly anger me so much. Before all this saga I’d give them high praise but now I say to anyone ‘get what you can before they take it away’. This is making me very ill if I’m completely honest.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mod4it64 It's great to hear you had some success, thank you for sharing it with our community.  

@bg844 I'm glad you've had some positive news too but sorry to hear the process has made you feel ill  :(  Are you receiving support from your GP with this?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.