Assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessments

Options
ali2021
ali2021 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hi , does anyone know who does the assessments in my area of Kent? Dwp haven’t got my claim anymore and I need to add some info , the lady just said contact the assessors and literally put the phone down on me ?I have no clue who is in charge of them here, thanks xx 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You can send additional info to dwp put a covering letter and ensure you put your name and national insurance number on all pages.  Send it to same address you sent your form to 

This is the normal way to submit and nor through the assessment company 

Capita are the usual assessment company 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ali2021 - on checking it seems to be Independent Assessment Services (IAS) in Kent.
  • ali2021
    Options
    @chiarieds thank you ! Do you think I should maybe call them? It takes forever to get back through to DWP ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,777 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can of course give additional information during your assessment.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ali2021 - you could try giving them a ring to see what they recommend. If you decide to call the DWP it's best to ring them when they open at 9am.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 576 Pioneering
    Options
    ali2021 said:
    Hi , does anyone know who does the assessments in my area of Kent? Dwp haven’t got my claim anymore and I need to add some info , the lady just said contact the assessors and literally put the phone down on me ?I have no clue who is in charge of them here, thanks xx 
    Hi Ali. Like you, I need to add information ( I didn’t do it at all on the form) but through this forum, I know I can give it during my assessment which is this week.
  • ali2021
    Options
    Hi everyone , I contacted them and my assessment is actually next Wednesday ?the letter hasn’t reached me yet so I didn’t know ?feeling even worse now and slightly wished I hadn’t got mum to call them ?but I suppose I can prepare myself a bit x
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ali2021 said:
    Hi everyone , I contacted them and my assessment is actually next Wednesday ?the letter hasn’t reached me yet so I didn’t know ?feeling even worse now and slightly wished I hadn’t got mum to call them ?but I suppose I can prepare myself a bit x
    It's understandable that you wanted to call them, I wouldn't feel bad about that at all. As you say, you have time to prepare for the assessment and I hope all goes well for you.
    Let us know how you get on
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.