Hi, my name is Rachel2000! I have mild scoliosis, and my back pain is worse than ever. Any tips? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rachel2000! I have mild scoliosis, and my back pain is worse than ever. Any tips?

Options
Rachel2000
Rachel2000 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi

Nice to meet you all. I have mild scoliosis and seem to be prone to bouts of back pain. This is the worst it has ever been as usually I strain it and it is bad for 3 or 4 days then gets better. 

The other day I was cleaning the kitchen floor and felt a twinge. Then it started seizing up. I could hardly walk for a week, but now I have full movement, yet the pain is still really severe. I have been on full strength co-codamol ( 30/500) for 3 weeks with no improvement. 

I don't know what is causing it, but sitting for long periods makes it worse. Does any one have any ideas what it could be or what else to do for the pain. Heat pads don't help, cold pads help a little but I want to get off the co- codamol.

Many thanks 

Rachel

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.