Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Ivor33! I'm desperate to with backache!

Options
Ivor33
Ivor33 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hallo all you out there and deepest sympathy to all those suffering incessant pain! 
Two things occurred recently as contributing factors to ongoing and virtually incessant back pain. The Covid lockdown meant that I was, like most people, fairly inactive throug
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear about your back pain have you considered seeing a chiropractor 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,650 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ivor33 and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about your back pain, that must be uncomfortable. Have you explored all possible avenues of pain management with your GP?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @Ivor33 :) Thanks for joining. 

I've moved your post into our 'dealing with chronic pain' category, as it seems as though perhaps you're looking for some advice on dealing with your back pain- is that right?

You're right that many people haven't been as able to be as active during the lockdowns. Have you been able to go any exercise at home, or perhaps go on short trips out? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,162 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @Ivor33 - & welcome to the community. Yes, as you mention, not being nearly so active due to the lockdowns hasn't really helped. I'm a long retired physio, who also has lower back pain, & I do a few gentle exercises daily. You might like to try these to see how you go: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/muscle-bone-and-joints/exercises/exercises-for-back-pain
    As mentioned, if this increases your pain, then stop, Also talk to your GP if your back pain continues for more than a couple of weeks. If you're able, try some gentle walking. Please let us know how you get on. :)
  • Ivor33
    Options
    Thanks for your consideration. I've discovered two gentlemen on YouTube who have pointed out that my backach
  • Ivor33
    Options
    Sorry, I accidentally pressed 'send' ! To complete the message: Yes, the two gentlemen - sorry this message box is too small. I keep inadvertently pressing send. I will wait until I'm at the Desktop. Bit in the meantime, thanks for your concern Yours gratefully,
    Ivor.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.