Post op advice. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post op advice.

Options
Athena
Athena Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi,   

I had my gallbladder removed on the 17th of May key hole and I had a drain for two days. They took the drain out on the 19th and I’ve been home since. 

No problem with any pain internally and three of the incision sites are healing well. I had an issue with my belly button incision but it seems to have resolved itself and I have the itchy healing feeling now. 

Anyway my drain site still hasn’t fully closed. It’s not painful, the incision doesn’t seem red or swollen at all but it’s leaking a very small amount of green fluid and sometimes spots of blood. A very tiny amount on the dressing. No smell or thickening of the wound either. It’s been six days since the drain was removed shouldn’t it be fully closed now? I’m seeing my surgeon tomorrow for repeat bloods and I’ll definitely show him what’s going on but I’m so anxious about this I was wondering if anyone had been through the same? 

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have no advice on this but just wanted to wish you well and a speedy recovery. Take care xxx
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Can’t give medical advice but if you feel it can’t wait until tomorrow contact your GP surgery and explain. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome As explained we are unable to give any medical advice 

If it can't wait till your appt give your gp a call or 111 

Green fluid should be mentioned I would think 

Good luck hope it all gets sorted 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @Athena :) As the others have said, we're not medical professionals so we're not able to offer medical advice here. Did you call 111 in the end? 

I hope you managed to get some sleep last night. Best of luck with your surgeon today, and I hope they're able to take a look at the drain site for you. Please do let us know how you get on. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Athena
    Athena Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    I’m not asking for medical advice I’m asking if anyone else has experienced this.,? 

My GP is useless so I’m going to wait until I see my surgeon tomorrow. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry for the confusion, that's fine @Athena, we just wanted to make you aware that we aren't qualified to give you medical advice on this or make any specific recommendations in terms of treatment.

Also apologies that I misread the time of your post and thought that the appointment with the surgeon was today rather than tomorrow. I hope that it goes well. If you start to feel unwell or get worried in the meantime, please do call 111 for advice or 999 if it's an emergency. 

How is the drain site now? Has there been any change? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.