Lots of missed calls, PIP or DWP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lots of missed calls, PIP or DWP?

MrCook1234
MrCook1234 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey all, anxiety going nuts atm, can you help turn it down a bit? hopefully. 
2 days, 5 missed calls, private number, 3 yesterday, 2 today, all-around 12 -1pm, not a single message, i have PPD, so struggle with private numbers, but truth is, i was asleep until 5pm the whole week. I dont know what to do tho, i had BI polar episode with my career she's gone for now, i don't know who to ring, they won't even leave me a message, surly PIP or DWP would leave a message seeing the disorders i have and, i dunno try a different approach. suppose what im asking, was it pip or DWP, as 1 week ago they said they now have my claim. could even be my doctor, not many have mty number either, basically, ONLY professions i met past year, its a new num,ber and i have ZERO ppl in my life, so no numbers at all.

Sorry for the spelling, i really lost all will to live typing that i really have to stop now.

Comments

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Hi @MrCook1234. When I missed a call to remind me about my assessment, the first time was a mobile number, they then sent me a text directly after. Was it a withheld number? 
  • MrCook1234
    Leigh14 said:
    Hi @MrCook1234. When I missed a call to remind me about my assessment, the first time was a mobile number, they then sent me a text directly after. Was it a withheld number? 
    It was withheld yes, i know that the claim is With DWP for a decision atm, if its not them then its ok i will eventually be told who, but DWP won't, they will just ignore me entirely for a missed call, iv been their. 

• Leigh14
    Hopefully whoever it was will ring again tomorrow, and you’ll be able to take the call. I understand that it’s difficult though.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried calling the number(s)?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:
    Have you tried calling the number(s)?
    They were withheld.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MrCook1234
    Leigh14 said:
    Hopefully whoever it was will ring again tomorrow, and you’ll be able to take the call. I understand that it’s difficult though.
    I hope so, i missed 3 yesterday as well, really gets me down bad i feel helpless, thanks for your words :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Could you try turning your phone onto maximum volume so that it wakes you up if they ring again tomorrow @MrCook1234

I'm sorry things have been difficult recently. Are you receiving any support for your bipolar disorder or anxiety at the moment? 
    i had BI polar episode with my career she's gone for now
    Are you referring to your carer here? Have you found or been provided with a replacement carer?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • MrCook1234
    Could you try turning your phone onto maximum volume so that it wakes you up if they ring again tomorrow @MrCook1234

I'm sorry things have been difficult recently. Are you receiving any support for your bipolar disorder or anxiety at the moment? 
    i had BI polar episode with my career she's gone for now
    Are you referring to your carer here? Have you found or been provided with a replacement carer?
    Im not getting any help no, they diagnosed me over the phone a year ago, and since been moving my appointment forward, iv had an ECG so they can see tell me meds im allowed but that was back in January, last time I spoke to them she told me to buy a anti histamine for my anxiety and she will get back to me 12 - 16 weeks. was also diagnosed with PPD, already suffer from agoraphobia and all that comes with it, i cant even answer the phone half the time as, i dunno, scared maybe, just don't like it, im trying. anyways, i suppose ill just have to have that on my mind as well now until they call again, thanks so much of your help. 
  • Harrington
    Harrington Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Possibly its them. i missed a withheld number last week around the time of day you mention,then two days ago i had two strange mobile numbers call unsure of who so never picked up,i sent MR just over a month ago so may be it was them... @Leigh14 you mention a mobile number did they call your mobile or home phone from a mobile? just wondering.
  • Leigh14
    Possibly its them. i missed a withheld number last week around the time of day you mention,then two days ago i had two strange mobile numbers call unsure of who so never picked up,i sent MR just over a month ago so may be it was them... @Leigh14 you mention a mobile number did they call your mobile or home phone from a mobile? just wondering.
    All calls were on my mobile.
  • MrCook1234
    HI all, i finally called, PIP, the whole time it was no them. they also said i was accepted for PIP and a payment will be in my bank on the 3rd, just thought id update for ppl that google :)
  • Leigh14
  • Harrington
    Harrington Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    @MrCook1234 Brilliant news so happy for you!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good news, well done @MrCook1234 :)

Regarding your mental health, it doesn't seem good at all that they'd diagnose you over the phone and then leave you without any real support. I suppose you're past that 12-16 week mark now too. I appreciate that speaking on the phone might be a barrier, but are you, or a loved one, able to contact your doctor to arrange an appointment or ask for an update? I think it could be worth chasing them up to ensure that you are on the road to getting some support, whether that be through medication or therapy. 

Are you interested in trying any talking therapy? If you live in England, you can actually refer yourself for talking therapy through the NHS' IAPT programme
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.