Hi, my name is 1_needs_help_please! — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is 1_needs_help_please!

I am struggling to get someone to help me assemble my 4 year olds mid sleeper bed as I dont have the instructions. I suffer from a rare genetic disorder which causes me constant pain amongst other symptoms. We have just moved home. My baby doesn't have a bed to sleep on at the moment. I have reached out on FB etc but only cowboys wanting stupid amounts of cash replied. It saddens me to see such selfish individuals are more intrested in making a quick buck out of a unwell mother rather than seeing a child sleeping in their own bed 🤦‍♀️ I really hope someone can help me, Sthelens, Merseyside area. Thank you 👍

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,213 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry you are struggling to get help 

Unfortunately we don't offer that sort of service this is just a online forum 

Other than what you have already tried I'm not sure where you could get help without paying stupid money 

Do you not have any family or friends that could help 

Don't worry about not having instructions  you can probably get them off the Internet 

When I moved the removal men put everything together for me 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • 1_needs_help_please
    1_needs_help_please Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Aw, thank you for your reply. My removal guys cancelled last min due to covid & I had no choice but to go with anyone that would do it. They broke most of my belongings & were not insured. It's only a 10 min job for the right person with a kind heart but these days they a very few & far between. Thanks again x
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,256 Disability Gamechanger
    As saner said you might be able to look up the instructions on the internet, might also be worth asking the council they might be able to suggest someone who could help?
    Offering PIP advice to people with epilepsy.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,464 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @1_needs_help_please - might this be an opportunity to chat with your new neighbours? Perhaps one might be able to help with a little DIY knowledge, or, as has been suggested, contact your council, they might have a volunteer able to help.
  • Suzanne2
    Suzanne2 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Good morning! Do you use Facebook? If you search for your local community group and post a plea for help you will almost certainly get someone who will offer - in my area it is just fantastic how quick people are to offer their skills for this sort of thing. I hope you find someone
  • 1_needs_help_please
    1_needs_help_please Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi have done that but only companies have replied & want to charge as a business opportunity. Thanks anyway x
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,912

Scope community team

Hello @1_needs_help_please

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear of your situation. As asked by others, do you have any friends or loved ones who can help you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.