Hi, my name is Pudding64! How have people managed who've waited this long for backdated payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Pudding64! How have people managed who've waited this long for backdated payment?

Options
Pudding64
Pudding64 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
MY RESPONSE TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE WAITED AN UNNECESSARY 5MONTHS WITH DWP  PIP.  IN THE END I INVOLVED MY MP WHEN NOONE WITHIN DWP WHO WERE TRYING TO HELP ME WERE GETTING NOWHERE. A RETIRED FRIEND HAD THEIR FRIEND WHO WAS STILL WORKING TO HAVE A LOOK, BUT NOTHING FOUND??

MY FRIEND SAID THEY WILL BE, AND I QUote Removed by moderator, profanity THEMSELVES, BECAUSE YOU HAVE INVOLVED AN MP.  WHAT I WAS TOLD MY FILE HAD DELIBERATELY NOT PUT ON THE SYSTEM SO THAT NOONE COULD BE BLAIMED FOR NOT GETTING IN TOUCH WITH ME !!   IN THE WHOLE 5 MONTHS WAIT AND BORROWING MONEY FROM FAMILY, I RECEIVED NO PHONE CALL, LETTER OR EMAIL WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AT EACH STAGE BY DWP. 

SURPRISE SURPRISE! AN OUT OF THE BLUE PHONE CALL CAME SAYING ASSESSOR WILL RING ME. WHEN THE ASSESSOR SPOKE SHE APOLOGISED (NOT HER DOING), FELT SORRY FOR ME, AND SAID SHE WAS DEFINITELY RECOMMENDING ME FOR PIP AND IT WOULD BE BACKDATED - 5 MONTHS IN TOTAL.

HOW HAVE  PEOPLE MANAGED WHO HAVE HAD THIS LONG WAIT - I TOLD THEM I WILL NOT ACCEPT COVID AS THE FULL REASON FOR DELAYS.  THERE WERE PROBLEMS WITHIN YEARS AGO.

NOW BECAUSE MY CONDITION HAS INHIBITED ME FURTHER I HAVE APPLIED FOR A HIGHER LEVEL OF PAYMENT.  SURPRISE SURPRISE MY FILE HAS BEEN LEFT DORMANT AND NOT PASSED TO THE RELEVANT DEPT, BUT BECAUSE AGAIN I HAVE MENTIONED MP INVOLVEMENT I GOT YET ANOTHER OUT OF THE BLUE PHONE CALL.  HOPEFULLY NOW MATTERS WILL PROGRESS, BUT I WONT HOLD MY BREATH.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I involved my mp 3 years ago but made no difference at all 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Pudding64

I wanted to wish you a warm welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear you've had to wait a while but hopefully it won't be much longer. 

Just to let you know, I have edited the profanity out of your post, in accordance with our community guidelines. I appreciate you were quoting your friend, but we still can't allow that language on the community.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.