Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Lwcra backdated payment

Options
kensog420
kensog420 Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Comments

• kensog420
    Options
    Can somebody please explain when I should receive my backdated payment, they said the element dosnt go on your assessment period for 3 month but the money got put on straight away but still Hurd nothing about my backdated payment from 2019, 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It takes a while to calculate back pay and authorise 

Keep checking your online statements and when the historic statements show the additional amount it will have been calculated then it needs authorising 
  • kensog420
    Options
    The payment of £343 or whatever it is has already been put onto my assessment statement for the last 2 month 
  • janer1967
    Options
    Ok you should get it soon then 

But you say it should be backdated to 2019 what makes you think that 
  • kensog420
    Options
    Because I was handing sick notes in from 20/08/19 then there’s a 3 month gap for whatever reason so it should be 20/08/19, it took so long to get assessment due to them cancelling appointment, then arranged another 1 for me to go there and get told they can’t see me so I waited 5 month later to receive a phone call assemment to get the decision LWC, then I appealed it in January then to get found I got lwcra in April, letter states that I’m entitled to the lwcra element from 20/11/19 
  • janer1967
    Options
    If that's the case there should be more than the last 2 statements amended bur they may still be in the process of doing this so keep eye on it 

If you don't get the backpay you expect you will have to query with then 
  • kensog420
    Options
    I’ve only got 2 assessment periods as had to make a new claim because I was claiming with my ex partner for a few month then it ended 
  • janer1967
    Options
    OK that explains things 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.