Through going through the autism diagnosis process I've come to realise I'm also autistic — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Through going through the autism diagnosis process I've come to realise I'm also autistic

chezi
chezi Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Thanks for the add I'm a mum to a son with disabilities and I've also got disabilities of my own. Through going through the diagnosis process for autism for my son I've come to understand that o too am autistic and now am proud of the fact I've always been confused now I'm so different to my peers. It's nice to know why
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It's good you now have the answer for yourself 

Lots of autistic members here you can share experience with 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chezi - I'd just like to welcome you to this friendly community. How are you & your son doing? :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Welcome to the community from me too @chezi :) It's great to have you with us!

Thanks for sharing your experience of coming to understand that you have autism too. I'm glad to hear that this has helped you to understand yourself and your experiences a little better, and that it's something you're proud of. Have you sought a diagnosis for yourself as well as your son? 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to autism. 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • innocent21
    innocent21 Posts: 35 Connected
    Welcome to the forum, it's better late than never.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.