Hi all — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all

Options
wali
wali Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
I’m new to the group and feeling relieved to find a space where I feel I can ask some difficult questions.
I was diagnosed with adhd 4 years ago and it is looking likely that I will get an autism diagnosis soon too.
It’s a crazy thing to take on and accept as a 42 year old woman (? that sounds so silly. I’ve always felt like a “girl” not a woman) but there is also relief and understanding of so many things I have found difficult in life to actually have reason behind them.
I look forward to talking to you all
wali x
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to have a look around and join in 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @wali and welcome to the community, good to see you've joined us. 

This is a very supportive place and you are always welcome to ask any questions that might be on your mind. It's good to hear that you are finally on the road to a diagnosis and that it seems to be providing some explanations for how you've felt in the past.

How is the process of the autism diagnosis going? Are you in contact with your GP about it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.