Answer phone message from Capita Call Centre — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Answer phone message from Capita Call Centre

sol09 Member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi all,
I applied for PIP back in April. I’ve had a text message saying they’ve received my claim a week after posting and then yesterday I had a voicemail from them saying they’ve called regarding my claim.

My question is, could this be for a telephone assessment? I’m a bag of nerves now, totally on edge and anxiety is through the roof! 

Many help would be greatly appreciated appreciated 


  • woodbine
    woodbine Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,773 Disability Gamechanger
    @sol09 hi and welcome to scope, they are probably calling to arrange the assessment, only way to find out for sure will be to phone them back in the morning.
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 12,478 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sol09 - & welcome to the community. As woodbine says, it's most likely about your assessment, so ring the PIP enquiry line 0800 121 4433 to check (open from 9am which is probably the best time to call, tho you may still have quite a wait). Kindly let us know how you get on, thank you.  :)
  • sol09
    sol09 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    Thank you @chiarieds & @woodbine... I’ll give them a ring and update the thread. Just from reading about this whole PIP process makes me a bag of nerves ? 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.