Waiting for work assessment uc. Does everyone have to have one face to face?

Options
sallyannie
sallyannie Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Does everyone have to have a work Capability Assessment uc face to face 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Options
    Hi there 

Majority are still being done over phone unless they have been unable to make a decision based on a phone assessment 
  • sallyannie
    Options
    thanks iv been on universal credit for 15 months now with sick note added every three months I’m under Neuro and rhemotologist been told have an autoimmune disease possible lupus in excruciating pain and fatigue only received the work capabilities form feb sent them straight back now waiting to hear if I have to have interview to see what group I’ll be in will I get any award back dated to when I put my first sick note in any ideas please ? 
  • sallyannie
    Options
    No diagnosis still under going further tests to clarify wich autoimmune disease I have 
  • janer1967
    Options
    If you get awarded lcwra it will be backdated to the 4th assessment period after you reported the condition 

The first 3 months are not paid they are waiting periods 
  • sallyannie
    Options
    Thanks 
  • katie0714
    katie0714 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    I had my LCWRA assessment today by phone. The lady said there only seeing 4 people per day in person. I hope everything goes well for you ?? 
  • sallyannie
    Options
    thanks hope you get the outcome you want good luck 
  • sallyannie
    Options
    How do I update my assessment forms for uc as my condition has got much worse and my explanation to how I can or cannot do certain aspects has changed considerably not had assessment yet any advice please 
  • katie0714
    katie0714 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    If you haven’t had your assessment yet then it’s maybe something you should mention when you do the actual assessment.. hope it helps x
  • janer1967
    Options
    Hi there 

You could put a note in your journal mark it service issue or you could write an update in a letter and hope it is taken into account before the assessment 
  • sallyannie
    Options
    thank you