Employment and careers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, I have a 23 year old son who can’t find a job that he can physically and mentally handle

lynnsmith22lynnsmith22 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 28 in Employment and careers
I have a 23 year old son who can’t find a job that he can physically and mentally handle. We are exhausted and don’t know where to turn and are under immense pressure from the job centre 
Tagged:

Replies

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,131

Scope community team

Hello @lynnsmith22

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear that you and your son are struggling at the minute. Is the jobcentre aware of your son's condition and have they taken it into account when setting targets for him?
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,199 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

The job centre should have disability work coaches that can support him 

It may be worth him being signed off by gp with fit note and reporting a medical condition and going through the work capability process to see if he can be found limited capability for work 

There is also a job support programme on here in the employment section 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,160 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lynnsmith22 - & welcome to the community. Here's a link to the employment services that Scope has for disabled people. 'Career Pathways' is for young people up to age 25. & there's also 'Support to Work', which we hear much good about too. Please see: https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,020

Scope community team

Hi @lynnsmith22 :) I was just wondering whether you'd had a chance to take a look at the comments above? There is help and support available, both in terms of financial support if he's unable to work and employment support if he's looking to enter employment, so please do let us know if you need any more information about either of those areas. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.