Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help with Universal credit

jperalta98jperalta98 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 3 in Universal Credit
Hi all, recently found out I was awarded the LCWRA element of UC due to severe mental health illnesses, and am a little confused and the replies from UC were seemingly unhelpful as I don't understand it still.

I understand there is a 3 month waiting period from the date you submit evidence of your condition.

I get paid on the 26th of every month. I first submitted my fit note on the 22nd March 2021. Should I be expecting the extra payment to start this month on the 26th July 2021?

Replies

• calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,217 Pioneering
    edited July 3
    Paid on 26th means your monthly periods are 20th to 19th.
    If submission of Fit Note on 22nd March was the day you first reported health condition then the dates are as follows.
    The three complete assessments periods that make up the waiting period are 20th April to 19th May, 20th May to 19th June and 20th June to 19th July. The LCWRA element would then be payable for 20th July to 19th August paid on 26th August.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,186

Scope community team

Hello @jperl

Welcome to the community, how are you this Saturday afternoon? 

Congratulations on being awarded LCWRA, and I hope the above advice has been helpful for you and cleared up any confusion. Are you receiving all the support you need for your mental health illnesses?
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • jperalta98jperalta98 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    calcotti said:
    Paid on 26th means your monthly periods are 20th to 19th.
    If submission of Fit Note on 22nd March was the day you first reported health condition then the dates are as follows.
    The three complete assessments periods that make up the waiting period are 20th April to 19th May, 20th May to 19th June and 20th June to 19th July. The LCWRA element would then be payable for 20th July to 19th August paid on 26th August.
    Thank you for the response and help. It seems I was correct in that it's quite confusing😅
Sign in or join us to comment.