Renting for the first time / ESA and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Renting for the first time / ESA and PIP

mattluke Member Posts: 3 Listener
HI. Hope you’re all well. I hope you could help me find out some more information. It’s been advised by my doctor that I try to find independent housing and rent a place on my own and move out of my family home. I am on Enhanced Daily Living PIP, standard mobility PIP and Support Group ESA. I don’t plan on getting housing benefit as I don’t want to move to Universal Credit yet and I want to keep my ESA. When I find somewhere and eventually move out should I get the extra Disability Premium for living on my own and how do i get it? Also due to it being a change in circumstances could I loose my PIP or get a new review for moving on my own? My needs haven’t changed and I’ll still be getting help from my family everyday, I’ll just be living on my own. Thanks 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.