I'm in Northern Ireland. I had my phone assessment 2 weeks ago. How long will it take to hear back? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm in Northern Ireland. I had my phone assessment 2 weeks ago. How long will it take to hear back?

magsH1236
magsH1236 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi, Iv sent my pip forms away in February had my over the phone assessment 2 weeks ago, got a text this morning to say they received my assessment paperwork today does anyone know how long is takes? Northern Ireland? Thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

They estimate between 8 and 10 weeks for a decision 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @magsH1236 :) It's great to have you with us. How are you doing?

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category and renamed it slightly so that it's more obvious what your post is about. 

It's difficult to say how long it'll take to hear back, as waiting times vary. As Janer1967 has said, they estimate about 8 weeks. 

How do you feel the assessment went? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • magsH1236
    Hi thank you for ur comments, I feel like it went ok, i had to take a break threw the assessment twice as I get very breathless talking, very nervous over it all x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you feel as though it went okay @magsH1236 :) It's perfectly normal to feel a bit nervous. Try not to worry about it too much until you receive your decision letter- easier said than done I know! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Beesmummy798
    Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    @magsH1236 hi there. I'm from N.Ireland also and I had my phone assessment last Mon 28th. I haven't had my text yet but I did phone dwp today and they have only just received assessors report. They do say approx 6-8 weeks for a decision but a lot of people here get their decision quite quickly... 2-3 weeks from the assessment is received. Capita have had a lot of backlash on the news here x
  • magsH1236
    Thank you, I haven’t rang up about mine just trying to ride it out, hopefully hear more soon it’s ridiculous you have to wait this long, even the Appel proces is so long, my son waited nearly two years for his over two points that he should have been awarded x
  • Beesmummy798
    Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    magsH1236 said:
    Thank you, I haven’t rang up about mine just trying to ride it out, hopefully hear more soon it’s ridiculous you have to wait this long, even the Appel proces is so long, my son waited nearly two years for his over two points that he should have been awarded x
    When I phoned today to see if they had my report I asked if I could have a copy of it. I've heard they don't send it out before the decision here, but she was quite obliging, she just said if you want it I'll send it x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.