Need: information about positive attitudes around disability. I want to talk to my son about this. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need: information about positive attitudes around disability. I want to talk to my son about this.

Klipper
Klipper Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hey, all, I had a question about positive attitudes around disability (my son and I are ADHDers) and I was referred here by a disabled person I follow on Instagram. I'm hyperlexic, so I prefer text communication.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Glad you have found us 

You might want to look in the specific section for mental health issues 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Klipper and a warm welcome to our community.  How fab that you were directed here by an Instagrammer!   :)  We'd love to help.

Before I reply fully, can I ask is it general positive messaging around living with an impairment that you are interested in?  Or is it more related to life with ADHD?  How are you both getting on?

In the mean-time, I've moved your thread to our Parents, carers and disabled parents category so do have a little mooch around that to see what our other members have been chatting about.  Whilst, also maybe have a little nosey at our guest blogs category which has multiple threads about challenging negative misconceptions about being disabled.  

Lovely to meet you and speak again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.