PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Mandatory reconsideration and 2 under payments

erin2490erin2490 Member Posts: 43 Connected
So I wrote another thing out sending a M r off and today I got a phone call saying I had 2 underpayments due... But she didn't want to tell me for how much as they send it off to debt management Incase they need to deduct any money off. 
I only challenged the care component due to the report said i said I'd never been percrubed hearing aids which was untrue and I felt I should have had 2 extra points the whole claim. She did say I was going to get enhanced rate for care now but my question is....cause I know they look at the whole claim again when doing a mr. Rather than just the bit I wrote about is it likely they may have changed the mobility aspect of the claim ( I didn't ask on the phone as I didn't even consider it till I got off the phone)  and thought why are there 2 underpayments ? 
I know I will find out in the next week anyway I just wondered if anyone on here had any ideas. Thanks in advance 

Replies

• erin2490erin2490 Member Posts: 43 Connected
    Thing about sending a mandatory reconsideration off a few weeks back*
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,615 Disability Gamechanger
    If you do an MR then they look at the whole award unless you restrict them to award length. As to the likelihood of a changed mobility award, no-one here knows the facts of your case so they’re not in a position to comment as to the risk. All we can say is that most awards remain the same after an MR.
    My question really was if they had a successful Mr did the care underpayment and the mobility underpayment get payed into their bank accounts separate.

She told me I had gone up to enhanced on the care but I didn't even ask about mobility as I didn't consider it until I got off the phone and though why am I getting 2 underpayments 
    Thanks for the reply
  • Girl_No1Girl_No1 Member Posts: 105 Courageous
    To answer your question, both elements were increased via my MR.  I received only one backpayment covering both elements.
    Thanks for replying and I'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'm an overthinker so brain never shuts off ha. X
Sign in or join us to comment.