Do you usually get a questionnaire sent ahead of the assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you usually get a questionnaire sent ahead of the assessment?

julesd99
julesd99 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
New here and hoping to find my way through the benefits system which is a bit overwhelming right now!

Comments

• julesd99
    Hope it's not too soon to ask for advice as I've only just joined but can't seem to find an answer by googling and I have an ESA telephone assessment in the morning and I'm dreading it!
    My question is, do you usually get a questionnaire sent ahead of the assessment?
    I haven't had one, and really feel this would give me something to refer to.
    Thanks in advance
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You don't get a questionnaire as such 

You should have completed a uc50/esa50 form abs sent it back 

The assessment is all based around the form you completed 

Read through your copy and prepare to explain how you complete the tasks or if you can't why not 

Real examples are the best to give 
  • janer1967
    You can ask questions anytime 

Let us know how you get on good luck 
  • julesd99
    Hi thanks for such a quick response. No I didn't get a form to complete. I've been on ESA or rather the UC equivalent component for about 2 years now after becoming unable to work due to a DVT amongst other things. I am now disabled, I get pip, and have problems with my memor
  • janer1967
    I'm not sure then what the assessment is for 

Does it say it's a work capability assessment or a review of your work capability 

You still should get a review form 

So sorry but not sure what the assessment is 
  • julesd99
    Sorry sent that last msg incomplete!
    I have memory problems but know I didn't get a form sent to me. I feel it would help to get my answers in some kind of structure but I think what I need to know, is should the telephone assessment be going ahead without my chance to fill a form out ahead of it?
    Thanks
  • janer1967
    As I said b4 does it state it is a work capability assessment 

If so then you need to ask the question why you haven't had a form 

It isn't usual to prompt an assessment without first sending in form 

Have you reported a change in circumstances at all but again you should get a form first 
    I might be wrong but I haven't heard of this before 
  • julesd99
    It's a work capability assessment by telephone. I'm already recieving ESA within UC but after about 2 years they wrote to say I need to take part in another assessment to decide if I can continue to get this benefit but no pre assessment form has arrived and the phone assessment is due to happen tomorrow. My health has deteriorated since the first award but feel I'm going in unprepared without first being able to complete the form
  • julesd99
    Hi Janer1967
    Thanks for your advice. I rang the centre for health and disability this morning and asked why I'd not had a pre assessment form sent out. They said I'd had one over 2 years ago but should have had a new one for this assessment.
    Relief!! Assessment for this morning cancelled and new questionnaire to be sent out.

Thanks again

• janer1967
    That's great it all sorted 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @julesd99 :) I'm glad it's been resolved!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • julesd99
    Thanks. Looking forward to the community of scope.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, please do stick around @julesd99 :) It'd be great to see you over in the coffee lounge!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.